Turbo'd s.b. chev...in a 69 Camaro? maybe?

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Wed Jun 2 13:06:19 GMT 1999

Jim,

I'm now mostly a Mopar man, and have a Dana 60 which has a FULL POSI
most of the time, the posi only 'breaks' when doing a slow tight turn...
sometimes you can actually hear the clutches 'break'/slip during this
procedure...

Whereas the Chev type limited slips are only posi's when ya need it,
i.e. under high load and such...

In comes that GN that was spinnin only ONE tire around the turns (the
lighter weighted tire, i.e. inside turn tire) when the boost came
in...(He spun out several times due to the need to spin in order to even
come close to qualifying for further runs...needless to say, he didn't
make the cut)

Then ya have the 8 3/4 auburn locker, that has no clutches, just some
sorta cone thing... never really looked at one, buddy jsut bought a
brand spankin new auburn for his 8 3/4 when he swapped his 4.10's out
for 3.23's! it seems to work pretty good, he's only pushin about a
stock 383 in his 70 Bee, so there's not much power to tell, ya know...

LATER!

Todd....
http://www.c-com.net/~atc347/toddlnk.htm