Turbo'd s.b. chev...in a 69 Camaro? maybe?

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Wed Jun 2 23:08:15 GMT 1999

-> what happens when an automatic transmission is in park, and Torsen is
-> named after Mr. Norberg Torsen who invented that special kind of
-> mechanism (he was Swedish).

 The Torsen was invented by Vernon Gleasman and originally built by the
Gleason (note the difference in name) works.  The name is an acronym
built from "TORque SENsing".

 Conceptually the Gleasman-Torsen was similar to other worm-type
differentials dating clear back to the early part of the century;
Gleasman's primary contribution to the state of the art was the design
of the machinery needed to cut the worms accurately and economically.

 If there was a Mr. Norberg Torsen, I've never heard of him.

==dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us======================================
I've got a secret / I've been hiding / under my skin / | Who are you?
my heart is human / my blood is boiling / my brain IBM |   who, who?