SBC V8 into Astro/Safari ?

Clive Apps Techno-Logicals 416 510 0020 clive at problem.tantech.com
Thu Jun 3 05:30:41 GMT 1999

I am looking for as much info as possible on the V8 into GM minivan swap

a number of people offered me help before but I cannot find where I saved the
messages (I have about 400 MB of archived email and it grows 4-5mb / day)

I want to retain stock computer TBI system from 1986 Safari Cargo minivan

I need details on
1. mounts, rads, waterpumps, etc for the mechanical installation
can I use the 4.3 flexplate I have now for the 700 AT
what headers work ( v8 into S10/15?)

2. chip changes in the ECU that are required to make it run and be within
emissions for the 1986 model year

I should be able to use the stock TBI unit with a new cal
I seem to remember that I have to change an addr. in the chip to tell the
ECU it is now running 8 cyl instead of 6

any other details that could be supplied would be great

Thanks
Clive