TBI for a 3.4 V-6 crate Motor

steve ravet Steve.Ravet at arm.com
Thu Jun 3 16:05:43 GMT 1999

Ludis Langens wrote:

> Brandon Shehan <SHEHAN at clds.net> wrote:
> > I have a 3.4 L GM V-6 in my Jeep Cherokee [...]
> >
> > I got a rotten TBI 2.8 S-10 Blazer engine [...]
> >
> > I also have the ECU (service number 1227429).  I'm pricing
> > out harnesses to replicate GM's  and need to know if the ECU will be
> > thoroughly confused by the 20% increase in displacement and need
> > reprogramming.
>
> GM does/did offer a crate 3.4 upgrade for worn out S-10 2.8's.  This
> upgrade includes a new chip for the ECM.  Perhaps you can order just the
> chip by itself.

Are you sure about this?  The 3.4 crate motor is listed in the GMPP
catalog, but last time I looked it was a replacement for carbed engines
only, presumably because it didn't include an ECM or chip.  Just
curious, because I briefly considered this before I decided on the V8
for my blazer.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet