Prowler V6

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Thu Jun 3 17:00:50 GMT 1999

5 - 10 - 15 - 20 lb. ALL for WUSSES...

Go to ANY BIG contractor build site and you'll find what I call a REAL
MAN'S Hammer, once a 'hammer' gets over 20lbs. I begin to start callin
em a Sledge hamma!

The dinky lil 10 lb.'ers are good for doin body work in those easy to
reach places that need to be 're-arranged'... such as when the 455 Buick
I was tryin to squeeze into the 72 Jag XJ6 needed a 'bit' more space on
the passenger side of the engine bay in order for the LAST cylinders
part of the exhaust manifold to clear....  Right foot on the passenger
side fender, the other foot on the cowl and about 1 to 5 minutes with
the 'lil' hammer and she fit right in....

The passenger's feet tend to get a lil toasty in the summer, but in the
winter it's JUST RIGHT! for a while anyways....

MAtter a fact, I'm STILL usin the puny STOCK XJ6 6 cylinder radiator for
the big ol hunker 455 and it tends to get a bit hot if cruisin at higway
speeds for more than a lil while without lettin off or coastin a bit
every once in a while...

Anyone have any experience with them newfangled aluminum radiators?

I'm lookin at snaggin a HOWE for about $189.00 from their website at
http://www.performancebodies.com/cooling/index.htm

Actually I couldn't find Howes' own site, unless that's the one, anyone
else?

$184 is $100 less than the COPPER 4-row radiator my budy with the other
70 Bee bought for $285 from Paddock!

ALSO, at the site listed above, they specify that a 2 row aluminum
radiator cools up to 40% MORE than a 4-ROW copper/brass one!

I would like to know if anyone here has used a Howe or any other
aftermarket or OEM aluminum radiator, especially on a HI-PO, heavily
used/abused small or Big Block car....

Thanks for any info or advice...

LATER!

Todd....