metric disapproval (was metric to english conversion)

Greg Hermann bearbvd at sni.net
Sat Jun 5 02:50:13 GMT 1999

>John Carri wrote:
>

>> Whatever, being on this list is all about having fun with EFI, so
>> whether you prefer gph, psi and lb/cubic foot or their metric
>> equivalents, happy tinkering to you, and you'll hear nothing more from
>> me about measurement systems. I'm just thankful there are no "metric
>> volts" and "English Volts" to deal with!
>>
>> -John Carri
>The time clock at work seems to use metric minutes.
>Shannen

I have dealt with at least three different versions of the so-called
"metric" system since high school, not to mention a maze of new units which
have been named for somebody whom some grand pooh-bah decided was important
enough to have a unit named for him! At least our (now) American system of
units has remained relatively constant over a few decades!

Not to mention the now nearly constant re-definition of units, mostly on
the basis that somebody came up with an idea for a more precise way to
define each--not to mention how likely it is that others will continue to
do so in the future! One of my fondest hopes is that those who now
administer the ISO all end up in the corner of hell which is run by
Napoleon Bonaparte--so that they will have a thorough chance to learn what
he thinks of their bastardization of his idea for a rational system of
units!

Why don't we all just switch to a hexadecimal system of counting, and a new
hexadecimal based system of units, since this would be far better for
micro$qui$h?? After all--the only reason decimal only has the appearance of
being more rational because most of us have ten digits on our hands and
feet (as did Napoleon)! A twelve based number system would be far better
arithmetically than anything else, but computers now give the edge to
sixteen based!

Greg