10,000 RPM

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jun 5 20:46:01 GMT 1999

> > Maybe a couple years ago.  Some of the incar footage has shown over 9K in
> > race conditions, and I'd wager, that in qualifing, they are close if not at
> > 10K.
> > Grumpy
> >

> Yes, I have seen this too. I was just trying to make the point that if this is
> the limit for a 30 thousand dollar engine do people actually think a production
> engine can do the same thing?
> To my knowledge the 2 highest revving factory V8's were the chev 302 produced
> in the 69 Z-28 and the Ford Boss 302 Mustang (somebody correct me If I am
> wrong)
> And there was no way that Either could hit 10k without valve float (long before
> 10k) or breaking something.
>
> Bill Edgeworth

Maybe Ferrari 308 and other xx8 ?  but these not pushrod.
Balance helps alot, I had Truimph  with  820cc Routt's jugs and Sifton valve
train using factory aluminium rods and ball bearing crank.  I gave all parts
that moved to a engine balancer (Shreeve Automotive Keener,La) , did not have a
tach but ran very smooth within a very limited high RPM range and shook to
pieces at all other speeds.
alex