Twin O2 sensor question

Chris Wilson chris at maximum-bhp.u-net.com
Sun Jun 6 21:45:56 GMT 1999

In article <b87acf38.24888076 at aol.com>,  apparently wrote:
> In a message dated 99-06-02 23:43:13 EDT, shannen at grolen.com writes:
>
> >an O2 sender just after the 2 turbos join at a common outlet point,
> >> then a pre cat, then a bit of plain pipe, with what *appears* to be a
> >> second 02 sender, and about 2 feet further back, a second, main cat.
> ><snip>
> >>

> It may be a exhaust over tempature sensor.  These have been installed on
> 280Z, Rx 7 and such.  Check your dash/ owners manual for a warning lamp.

Thanks Harold. This will teach me to discount my dads old maxim of "Believe
nothing you hear, and half of what you see..." The Supra mailing list have
often said that the twin turbo model has 2 Lambda probes, but never *why* .
Having removed the second one, it is now obvious that it is a thermocouple,
presumably to say when the primary cat has gone into meltdown with leaded
fuel, or something :-)

Thanks for the answer, and to all the others who replied. I have made the
downpipe and all is pretty much hunky dory.

Cheers.

--
               Best Regards,
                        Chris Wilson.