Injector geometry

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Mon Jun 7 16:50:35 GMT 1999

> It seems to me that most if not all of these types of
> manifolds i have seen have the injectors mounted
> straight up.

Yes, like I did.  Why? <grin>  The manifold sits flat on the drill
press table, and the drill press drills down.  A lot easier for a home
shop person to drill a straight vertical hole than to drill a 45
degree angled hole.  Though, in the case of the tunnel ram, if there
is room on the inside, I'd mount them towards the center under the
plenum facing down against the intake valve head, and have one fuel
rail.

If he uses the injectors with two o-rings, one on each end, you have
enough play to adjust them as they get pushed in, so the tops (fuel
supply/fuel rail side) get installed first, then the injectors are
pushed into the bosses on the inside of the tunnel ram, and there you
have it, one fuel rail.

However, if his engine is a Mopar B block, its not going to reach from
side to side unfortunately.  Injectors don't seem to mind not being
vertical.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HWMMV w/turbocharged 500cid Caddy
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab soon to have 431 stroker + turbos
2000 (I hope) Buick GTP (Mid-Engined Sports Car)