Injectors

Jason Haines jhaines at lingenfelter.com
Tue Jun 8 00:13:16 GMT 1999

At 12:48 PM 6/7/99 -0600, you wrote:
>>Hi Bruce,
>>
>>Just ran across this e-mail again and just wanted to ask ya what the
>>BIGGEST injector flow you've ever heard of is?
>>
>Bosch makes some 160 #/hr. injectors.

I've seen prototype Bosch and other racing injectors with flows as high as
198 lb/hour (25 g/s) at 4 bar. I'll have to check what some of the F1
injectors flow (I don't think they are that high - I think the Indycar
engines use some of the largest because of the fuel used). Some of the F1
injectors run at much higher pressures so the flow at 3 or 4 bar would be
comparatively small.

Jason