fuel pump question

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Tue Jun 8 15:47:26 GMT 1999

Hi John,

Please excuse the vagness of my post here...

Once read about a fuzzy logic fuel pressure controller which controlled
the voltage to the pump based on some signal from the engine(Vacuum
maybe?) Kindof like a powervalve in a carb...

But instead of limiting the fuel via a valve restriction, as most fuel
pressure regulators do(which restricts the entire system and puts limits
on the total amount of possible fuel delivery in time... It limits the
fuel pressure via the pump power, only pushes the pump voltage to the
amount needed.... Increases pump life, reduces overly pressurized overly
heated fuel and can pump enough fuel for any application due to its
inherent design...

Can't remember the brand of the fuzzy logic system, this is why I asked
to be excused due to my vagness....

Hope I shed some light, or at least re-shed it...

LATER!

Todd....!!