10,000 rpm v8 - quick note for analysis by you guys...

Todd....!! atc347 at c-com.net
Tue Jun 8 16:45:07 GMT 1999

Quick note/info/question/poser?:

If we took a 454(4.25 bore X 4 stroke) reduced/destroked it down to
about 3.38 inch stroke(almost 3/4 inch, a 327's stroke is 3.25, a 350's
stroke is 3.5, so this stroke is less than a 350!) would it be more
capable of runnin 10K rpm?

What if we took the same 'destroked' engine and bored it out, oh, say by
.090, to 4.34 making an engine with a 4.34 bore and a 3.38 inch stroke!

Would that be one awesome rapping engine or what?

Another comparison of this monster motor would be taking a 350 and
boring out it's stock 4.00 in. bore by .340 thousandths! They're
normally only over bored by .060 thousandths MAX.  .340 over is about
5.6 TIMES more overbored than a 350 is normally overbored....

If you calculate the cubes of such an engine they come out to about 400
cu inches.... this is the EXACT same dimensions of a 400 b-block mopar,
found in a LOT of Mopars, mostly big ones!

Mopar:
400 - 4.34 X 3.38
383 - 4.25 X 3.38
426 - 4.25 X 3.75
440 - 4.32 X 3.75
528 Hemi - 4.34? X 4.25? not sure...

ANYWHO, all of these are REALLY powerful from the factory, from 325 hp
to 600 hp, with F.I. and maybe a bit of boost, they can be double and
even TRIPLE as powerful!

My 440 will be pump in out at least double it's stock rating of 375 hp
in the not too distant future due to f.i. and a bit of boost...

It's already in the mid to upper 400 hp without the F.I. or Boost!

PLUS I'll be gettin OVER 10 mpg with the f.i. alone! Up from a puny gas
guzzlin' 6-7 mpg on the hiway now! YUK!

Take er eazy!

Todd....!!
http://www.c-com.net/~atc347/toddlnk.htm