o2 price?

David Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Wed Jun 9 14:03:39 GMT 1999

At 06:37 AM 6/9/99 -0700, you wrote:
>At 06:49 PM 6/8/99 -0700, you wrote:
> >What's a reasonable price for a typical O2 sensor (one-wire)?
> >
> >Mike
> >
>Just bought a Bosch one for my 87 S10 Chevy P/U.
>Retail cost $32 from Checker.

That price is reasonable... The AC is a bit cheaper though... I think they
are $26 or so from the dealer...
If you have a 4 wire sensor in a GM vehicle, stay away from the Bosch
sensor... It's not grounded properly internally (In fact, it's isolated
from ground) and it causes EXTREME problems with the ECM...  Bosch admitted
the problem to me, but said they weren't changing their manufacturing nor
would they refund my money.

David Cooley N5XMT Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
Packet: N5XMT at KQ4LO.#INT.NC.USA.NA T.A.P.R. Member #7068
We are Borg... Prepare to be assimilated!