Chrysler EFI

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Wed Jun 9 19:44:22 GMT 1999

> A replacement O2 sensor did not correct the symptoms, and a friend with the
> same engine in his pickup reports the same behavior.
>
> Any ideas?

Well Mike, it sounds like your computer is being "efficient".  For a
more accurate measurement of what it is doing, you'll need to monitor
the output of the O2 sensor and the RPMs.  Attach a tach if you don't
already have one in the dash, and attach a simple analog VOM to the O2
sensor and ground, and have a passenger watch the gauge while you
accelerate on the street (thus providing a load - revving in neutral
won't give you accurate information).  At about .7 - .72 volts, you
are at chemically optimum a/f ratio, with acceleration being a little
lower.

Oh, set your VOM (Volt Ohm Meter) to the 1.5V scale.  I'm not to
familar with the newer chrysler EFI stuff at all, but my suggestions
at least will tell you what the engine's doing under different
conditions.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HWMMV w/turbocharged 500cid Caddy
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab soon to have 431 stroker + turbos
2000 (I hope) Buick GTP (Mid-Engined Sports Car)