Topic scan tool bin files

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Thu Jun 10 01:38:47 GMT 1999

There are programs that will disassemble Intel  PC binary executable, data
files, ROM, RAM and  BIOS.  I have never used one.
You can use you rMS- DOS program DEBUG or  Borland Turbo Debugger.
It seems the best program is "Sourcer" fom  V-Communications written by
Frank Van Gilluwe were I am referencing this information in a book
he wrote"The Undocumented PC"  1st edition  1994.   The Sourcer program
will separate code from data, locate port I/O usage, start and entry points,
a interrupt synopsis, generate comments in  complete assembly source code.
He first wrote the program in 1988, so  should be some where on internet
and probably more improvements by now.

I have been trying to connect to Ford OBD2 with no success.
Presently I have a vehicle simulator hooked to a 96 Snap-On.
I can read byte code fine, but as soon as I transmit the scan tool
cuts me off.  I also can get various 3 bit messages which seem to
indicate impeadance mismatch or other  comm. problems.
I have found some references on the Ford Standard Corporate Protocol
SCP Protocol Definitions and Interface Requirements
part number ES-F7LC-12K529-BA and
SCP Diagnostic Message and Dialouge Requirements........-CA
Can these be ordered by parts dept.?
also" Hosted Bus Controller Chip User Guide" by Ford
Alex