Topic scan tool bin files

David A. Cooley n5xmt at bellsouth.net
Thu Jun 10 02:15:12 GMT 1999

At 09:20 PM 6/9/99 +0000, you wrote:
>There are programs that will disassemble Intel  PC binary executable, data
>files, ROM, RAM and  BIOS.  I have never used one.
>You can use you rMS- DOS program DEBUG or  Borland Turbo Debugger.
>It seems the best program is "Sourcer" fom  V-Communications written by
>Frank Van Gilluwe were I am referencing this information in a book
>he wrote"The Undocumented PC"  1st edition  1994.   The Sourcer program
>will separate code from data, locate port I/O usage, start and entry points,
>a interrupt synopsis, generate comments in  complete assembly source code.
>He first wrote the program in 1988, so  should be some where on internet
>and probably more improvements by now.

I found a great disassembler that supports 57 different CPU's... you tell
it what CPU it's for after it loads the BIN and it disassembles like mad.
It's called Interactive Disassembler Pro.

>I have been trying to connect to Ford OBD2 with no success.
>Presently I have a vehicle simulator hooked to a 96 Snap-On.
>I can read byte code fine, but as soon as I transmit the scan tool
>cuts me off.  I also can get various 3 bit messages which seem to
>indicate impeadance mismatch or other  comm. problems.
>I have found some references on the Ford Standard Corporate Protocol
>SCP Protocol Definitions and Interface Requirements
>part number ES-F7LC-12K529-BA and
>SCP Diagnostic Message and Dialouge Requirements........-CA
>Can these be ordered by parts dept.?
>also" Hosted Bus Controller Chip User Guide" by Ford

Might also check the SAE HS3000... pretty definitive spec's for the comms,
especially the 41.6KBPS VPW the Fords use.

           David Cooley N5XMT           Internet: N5XMT at bellsouth.net
   Sponges grow in the ocean... Wonder how deep it would be if they didn't?!