Please help Jet Skis--By Voting Against Them in Time's

Regnirps at aol.com Regnirps at aol.com
Fri Jun 11 00:07:50 GMT 1999

In a message dated 6/10/99 2:43:41 PM, A70Duster at aol.com writes:

>In this week's Time Magazine, they have a list of the "100 Worst Ideasof
>the Century."  Along with Prohibition, the Maginot Line, the Dalcon
>Shield, Spray on Hair and the Red Sox's sale of Babe Ruth to the Yankees -
you
>guessed it - THE JET SKI.

>I guess the environmentalist groups got a hold of the survey and
>e-mailed the site to their membership.  Time will probably do something on
the
>worst idea, so it looks like more great press for us (even if there is a
>disclaimer stating that it is an informal survey for the interest and
>enjoyment of www.time.com users).

Environmentalists? Maybe just people who love on the shoreline! A lot of us
own our tidelands and/or a 300 foot buffer from the beach. Imagine dirt bikes
in your front yard all weekend every weekend all summer.

Now personal watercraft, thetas different : ) I salt water flyfish from one
of the sit down variety that is stable enough to stand and cast. Its a great
way to chase the Sea Lions away (oops, don't tell the Feds).

Charlie Springer