low cost embedded PC's

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Sat Jun 12 13:52:13 GMT 1999

> I ran across this page. They have some single board PC's for less than $200
> including case and power supply. It's small, and PC based. Does anybody see
> any drawbacks to something like this?

Well, eight A/D lines with 8-bit resolution ain't bad, neither is the
small case, and the +5V at 450ma requirement.  Works for me!  Of course,
for an EFI system you'd have a lot more interfacing to do.. we'd have to
buffer the sensors and create the appropriate circuits that would take
the 0-1V output of the O2 sensor (for example) and spread it over a 0-5V
range, so we can use all of the available resolution of the A/D board,
but that's not too difficult.

its the code :)