Promedit

Carsten Meyer cm at ct.heise.de
Mon Jun 14 10:35:46 GMT 1999

>I've been playing with Promedit for the last half hour or so, and I have a
>couple questions.
>
>What is the significance of the different colors in the data?
>How do you terminate the program?

>How do you get the .ECU files? Are they converted from the S19 file you get
>when you spit out the data from the PROM?
>
>Charles Brooks

Charles,

I have not written the program, so I can only assume what display colors mean.

255 = $FF values are highlighted for a unknown reason
white: table entries defined in .ECU file
cyan: any other bytes

Making an .ECU file, which is different for the most different ECMs (an ECU
for a 1227730 does not work for the 1227747), is quite a complicated
process. I made an .ECU filefor the 7730 ECM (to be found at
http://pweb.de.uu.net/pr-meyer.h) by browsing the disassembly of a 68HC11
ECM PROM from diy_efis ftp site. You have to know where all the tables and
constants sit and so on.
Mit freundlichen Gruessen

Carsten Meyer, Redaktion c't

Carsten R. Meyer, editorial staff        Tel: +49 (0)511 53 52-300
c't magazin fuer computertechnik         Fax: +49 (0)511 53 52-417
Verlag Heinz Heise GmbH & Co KG              EMail: cm at ct.heise.de
Helstorfer Str. 7               private EMail: stinkbovist at gmx.net
30625 Hannover
Germany                       http://www.heise.de/ct/Redaktion/cm/

Dieser Satz kein Verb.

/"\
\ /
 X  ASCII Ribbon Campaign -- Against HTML Mail
/ \