Dual fuel PFI rails....

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Mon Jun 14 18:39:27 GMT 1999

ntisdale wrote:

> Was just thinking a dual fuel setup, via various methods.  Dual injectors
> would be ideal, but would be a lot of work which I'm not equipped to do
> (maybe now's the time to learn....).  Proposed vehicle is 4.3l Syclone.

Making an additional fuel rail is really not that complex.  The key is
making it simple enough to machine out using fairly common tools.

What I would recommend is getting some 3/4" rectangular bar stock, and
have a machine shop bore the length of it, thus allowing fuel to go
through the lenth of the bar.  Then, being square, you can place it
flat on your drill press, and mill out injector holes.  The injector
holes need to be slightly smaller than the O-ring that's on the
injector, and you push the injector/O-ring into the fuel rail.  This
is the easiest way.

I used aluminum round hollow stock, and brazed on two rectangular
"pads" to achieve the flat surface necessary for the injector tops,
just because I had scraps left over from suspension parts I made for
my mid-engined car.  Required more effort, but they look nice :)

Also, threading the inside ends of the bar or rod stock is a good
idea, because then you can put on AN fittings, and interconnect the
hoses that way, so you have one large fuel rail.

--

Frederic Breitwieser
Bridgeport CT 06606

1993 Supercharged Lincoln Continental
1989 HWMMV w/turbocharged 500cid Caddy
1975 Dodge D200 Club Cab soon to have 431 stroker + turbos
2000 (I hope) Buick GTP (Mid-Engined Sports Car)