Dual fuel PFI rails....

Barry Tisdale btisdale at cybersol.com
Wed Jun 16 12:27:11 GMT 1999

Thanks, Shannen -

Ok, on the check valve; might prevent problems, cheap insurance.

On the heat soak question; can see how this might happen, especially a worst case of hot engine, parked in the sun & then stuck in traffic, etc.

There's more to this than I thought.  I see the problem of single-rail w/ dual feeds as slowness in switchover; no, I don't *need* race gas @ 1 psi, but @ WOT, can go from 1 to 15 psi in a couple of seconds.  Just picked 1 psi as arbitrary switchover point (controlled by pressure switch, not manual).  If there's enough 'lead time', manually switching over would work fine, w/ the purge valve delays, etc.  I wanted sort of an automatic system, but it doesn't look as if its 'instantly' do-able.  Dual injectors would be ideal, of course.

Thanks for your comments - lots of food for thought.........

Barry