Dual fuel PFI rails....

Shannen Durphey shannen at grolen.com
Wed Jun 16 15:06:22 GMT 1999

Barry Tisdale wrote:

 I wanted sort of an automatic system, but it doesn't look as if its
'instantly' do-able.  Dual injectors would be ideal, of course.

> Thanks for your comments - lots of food for thought.........
>
> Barry
No reason it can't be automatic.  If you're using an independent
switching circuit, maybe you could make it so it watches for rapidly
increasing boost and WOT, indicating the potential need for race
fuel.  Then switch feed systems before they're needed, wait, switch
return systems.  I would experiment and see how long it takes to purge
the rail.  I'm thinking now about PWM controlled pumps, Solenoid
operated regulator bypass lines, and fuel rail pressure sensors.
Increase pump volume, open regulator bypass line, monitor rail
pressure.  Dunno, maybe a control nightmare there.
Shannen