Dual fuel PFI rails - now PFI/TBI

Barry Tisdale btisdale at cybersol.com
Thu Jun 17 12:58:49 GMT 1999

Hummmmm.....  The more I think about Stephen's idea, the better it sounds.  The TB on my 4.3l Sy is supposedly the same as used on the 5.7l Chev engines; no injectors on mine, of course.  Can anyone tell me specifically:

What vehicles come w/ 5.7l TBI?  My local junkyard is run by troglodytes (lots of weddings after family reunions around here...) & requires very specific information.  I need to pick up one to check it out.

Would the electrical (injector) system that now runs 6 PFI injectors run the one (?) or two(?) found on the TBI?  I would guess yes, probably just a straight connection.

For normal, around town use, would you use the TBI or PFI circuits, assuming the engine had both installed?

Thanks to this suggestion, beginning to sound like a very do-able project!

Thanks much - Barry

At 03:17 PM 6/16/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hmmm....That statement made me think of a dual fuel system for my TBI
>Camaro with a PFI setup on the stock manifold.  TBI for economy and PFI
>for power?  Just a random thought....
>--
>Stephen Cranford      http://cranford.home.texas.net
>92 RS Sapphire Blue w/Purple Pearl & White Stripes
>86 IROC-Z28 Red w/black hood
>89 GMC 4WD 1/2 ton Suburban
"I don't suffer from insanity...I enjoy every minute of it!"--bumper