checking L-jetronic airflow meters

greg kring joeao at flash.net
Thu Jun 17 20:26:37 GMT 1999

How can a Bosch L-jetronic airflow meter be checked out? Or even set to
factory specs? I have a 83 nissan turbo car that running terrible on the
top end. It's dumping so much fuel as to stall the motor. Checked all
sensors thoroughly except the flow meter. Not sure how to know if it is
set right or even reading right. Factory manuals say to just check for
continuity. I think it's based on a 5 volt refernce signal that lessens
as the airflow increases. CAn I tap into one of the lines and just
measure voltage or what? Even used meters are going for upwards of $200,
so replacement will only be done if I can tell if this one is bad.
Somebody has "been in it" already, so no telling where the spring
tension has been moved to. Any ideas or advice?
greg