Non-diy_efi, dyno help

Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com Don.F.Broadus at ucm.com
Thu Jun 17 21:11:47 GMT 1999

The eddy current dyno uses a iron drum that rotates around an electro
magnet. Since the drum is not laminated like motor stators
eddy currents are induced into the iron very easy. A chopped DC or straight
DC voltage powers the electromagnet. The eddy currents slow the drum
producing a load and also great amounts of heat. An eddy current dyno would
make a poor motor since the magnetic losses would be very high. Great dyno
find, I wish junk yards around here were that good.

Don