M/C solenoid thread

soren soren at rio.com
Thu Jun 17 23:02:13 GMT 1999

> That is a good fix also. My experience with the M/C solenoids is that the
> solenoid fails either open or shorted  coil so the part will need to be
> replaced anyway and that could be the only thing wrong and the C3 system
> might come back on line.

	Just for another reference point here, I have repaired a few feedback
carbs on GM vehicles where the M/C solenoid appeared to be malfunctioning.
In those cases the only thing wrong was the O-ring at the bottom of the
solenoid bore was cracked or otherwise deformed.  The ring was not
standard, it had a little lip around the edge, and of course you can't buy
just the O-ring, you had to buy the whole solenoid kit.

Soren