read engine rpm from battery/alternator???

Steve Gorkowski kb4mxo at mwt.net
Sat Jun 19 13:59:02 GMT 1999

I don't recommend this . At work we done this on engine gen. sets and regretted it
the day i started using the charger voltage . It may be done easy on cars but i had
nothing but problems Gen. sets .

Problems found:

1)Place a heavy load on Alt. the ac voltage part of the wave dives.

2) Some of the regulators use a SCR and chop the ac signal to regulate.

3) Aftermarket regulators are built different and cause problems.

Good luck

Steve