Buick V-6, was Prowler V6

Frederic Breitwieser frederic at xephic.dynip.com
Sat Jun 19 23:36:45 GMT 1999

> Just tryin to find a long nuff throttle cable to reach the dern carb
> once I put the thing on the engine! Any ideas?

Bike brake cable, or a marine cable.  You can get many, many lengths
from a boat store. Solved a few problems that way.

I did an exhaust cutout that way on my old crew cab Ford (moved the bed
back a foot and had the tail pipes going up the back of the cab, like a
Semi).  Anyway, just before the pipes bent upwards, I had torched in
those cast iron "valves" from JC Whitney for 20 a pop... and used marine
cable to a small lever, with a large spring, to hold them in the "up to
the roof" position.  I could pull the lever down, then move it slightly
to the right or left to lock it, and the exhaust would now fly out
"free" not through the long, narrow, glasspacks that went up the back of
the cab.  Loud as hell when open, but a 460 will do that :)

Anwyay, point of the story is, go to a boat/marine store.  I was able to
get 15' cables no problem.  I'm sure that's long enough for your carb
issue LOL.

> This 440 may be the one I put the turbo's and F.I. on, soon!

400 block - its a stouter block in a lot of ways, even though the
journals are smaller.  I do believe the 400 block is the one Chrysler
uses to make the crate 528cid Hemi engine... not the 440.  The 400 has
thicker cyl walls.

Not a guarrentee of course.