Todd's sure fire blower sale - Fred,

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Sun Jun 20 13:10:28 GMT 1999

>  Point being is that if ALL of the 18-wheelers believe that the way their
>  blowers are set up(Without the teflon seals on the tips of the lobes,
>  etc.) are good enough for millions upon billions of miles, WHY would you
>  wanna mess with that?

Hi Todd,
A good seal traanslates to less mechanical motion
(less heat) being reaquired to produce to produce
a given air flow at  "xx"  PSI.
  On the longevity front, I'm not a deisel guy,
so just a W.A.G. here.....
The application is different in the trucks, which
may account for longenvity.  Scavenging deisel
exhaust gasses prolly means moving a somewhat
oily charge through the rotors.   In a forced industion
app, you're pumping only dry air.
Mike V