Buick V-6, was Prowler V6

.. rap at aci.net
Mon Jun 21 23:34:25 GMT 1999

Frederic Breitwieser wrote:

> 400 block - its a stouter block in a lot of ways, even though the
> journals are smaller.  I do believe the 400 block is the one Chrysler
> uses to make the crate 528cid Hemi engine... not the 440.  The 400 has
> thicker cyl walls.

No, the Hemi block was/is cast from an entirely different set of molds. I
agree with your view of the 400 block - It is an excellent block especially
if you can find one out of a vehicle that had the "Trailer pulling Package"
- this block was a high nickel content block (similar to the Hemi and the
marine castings), very strong...
rap