Archives

Geoff Richards geoffsue at one.net.au
Tue Jun 22 09:45:57 GMT 1999

Shannen wrote
<snip>
>In summary, you'll need an eprom burner, and an eraser, (a computer,
>of course), an adapter (ecm dependent) and a prom.  This will start
>you down the road to reading and burning proms.  And reading and
>burning proms is amazingly easy.  You'll want to read the instructions
>that come with your burner, and give yourself some time to get
>familiar with the tools.

Thank you,this is what I wanted to know BUT does the burner required
depend on which ECM I want to play with ?
I have seen plenty of burners advertised but have been too scared to
part with the $ if it's not what I need

>The questions you should answer first are what ECM am I going to work
>with (what car is it in), and what's the final goal.

I want to work on a PCM in the Holdens and my goal will be to just tidy
up (for want of better words) the easier details ,like changing TCC lock-
up speeds
Also with the particular Holden I am interested in we experience a cold
stall hesitation that is overcome by a replacement memcal
In the future I would like to be able to read the revised memcal and
modify mine accordingly
Anyway that's enough from me
Thanks once again
Geoff