PIC Programmer

Steve Gorkowski kb4mxo at mwt.net
Tue Jun 22 13:20:37 GMT 1999

I think Pic is great way to start learning uC chips. If my program gets
larger than a Pic it goes to a PC104 board. As a general rule if the project
codes bigger than a Pic the chances of that home project getting done is
slim. I recommend you to use several Pics and do one for fuel control ( maybe
one for each cyl.) and one for spark control ( I recommend to just buy the
Pic ignition kit it works). I also recommend using a junker lawn mower engine
recommend electric start on it . Use it as a test unit for your project .
Getting that engine running the first time on your code is very rewarding . I
did my first coding for engines on a 8051 before Pic was out there and would
use the Pic over the 8051 .  Never had time to finish the code for the car
but with the information from this group should help you get it coded.  I
recommend coding in a higher level language I use the CCS C compiler.

Just my experiences and wish you the best of luck on all your projects.

Steve