GM Map sensor info.

Jason_Leone at amat.com Jason_Leone at amat.com
Fri Jun 25 15:59:45 GMT 1999

<<Here's what I can read off of the sensor:

886-xxxx-1xx

Is this 2 bar?>>

Yes, that's the 2 Bar unit (the 886- casting# tells you that). Price is usually
about $50-$55 retail. I don't know what make or model they came on, but they're
widely available through any GM dealer, speed shop, or aftermarket ECU company.
If you need one right now, call Electromotive. They sell them, and use them with
their ECU/ignition systems (like my TEC II). Also, Vortech Engineering (of
centrifugal blower fame) uses them with their kits (in conjunction with their
"FMU" rising rate FPR). If anybody knows what make, model, and year the GM 2 Bar
MAP sensor came from...please share...I'd like to know just for the record.

BTW, the three pins are +5v, signal, and sensor ground. I'll have to look at the
unit to make sure which is which...

Jason
'93 SLC