GM coilpacks for V6? HELP!

Jason_Leone at amat.com Jason_Leone at amat.com
Fri Jun 25 19:09:20 GMT 1999

I need to know what GM make, model, and years come with the GM coilpacks on a
V6. Should have three coils, one per two cylinders.

I'm planning on splitting up my Electromotive TEC II due to heat soak problems
(used on a VW VR6 engine). I'm moving the ECU into the car, but leaving the
coilpacks mounted to the cylinder head. The older TEC I unit was this way
(seperate coils and ECU)...but not the newer TEC II. I already talked to the
guys at Electromotive about having a TEC II in the older TEC I housings, but
it's way to pricey and tey really don't want to do it. So, I'm investigating if
a GM coilpack mounting base will work just fine....get the idea? Otherwise, I
have to fabricate a custom mounting plate and route the three pairs of male
spades/wires through the plate and into the three coils. Can anybody help me
here? Maybe a wrecker will sell me the GM V6 coilpacks with mounting base...

Jason
'93 SLC (money pit!)