1227749 Adaptation

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Tue Jun 1 03:15:09 GMT 1999

| Hello, I am about to adapt a 1227749 ecm to a Fiat Spider and I had a few
| concerns to ask.  One is the Vehicle Speed Sensor, can I do without it, do
| need to just tell the ecu it is not there, I noticed in Programmer98 there
| is a function to turn it off, is that all I need to do?

Use it.  Not that big of deal to install.  There is a inline VSS GM uses.
Jagsthatrun sells them.  One of these days I'll remember to write the part
no down<g>.  Was used on taxis, and some other applications.

  Also, should I set
| up the ignition of the fuel injection first?  Which one would be
considered
| more stand alone?  One more question, would I be praying too much for the
| car to at least idle and halfway run on a stock rom file?  They are both
| 2.0L, Overhead cam.   Or, am I just asking for too much?

It might idle, but figure on lots of changes to get it calibrated.
Bruce

 Thanks, I have