NC: 2.9X posi IRS pumpking donor/halfshaft q?

Ross Corrigan zxv at istar.ca
Tue Jun 1 03:17:22 GMT 1999

Thanks for the reply Paul,

At 03:43 PM 5/31/99 -0400, you wrote:
>That is one cool Z.  I think I remember seeing it.  Red with Newer Taurus
>headlights?

Yes, flush mounted glass.  Basically what many of us wanted the new Z to
look like.  It's pictured  at www.datsuns.com under V8's AIR.

  Anyways, I think it might be easier to run a toyora Supra rear
>diff.  I know they are available with 3.90:1 gears and LSD.  I don't know

The intent of the swap was to gain access to 2.9x diff gearing in an
equivalent and preferably stronger differential posi setup.  Doubt Supra
gearing goes that tall but am open to hear.  I understand the Supra rear is
lightweight and compact and might be suitable for my ride which is a milder
327 sbc.

>if it will hold up to 10 sec. 1/4 mile times.  I thought indi-rears were
>not allowed into the 10's by both NHRA/IHRA rules.  One other thing is that

it's sub 10's for solid rears, and his car is primarily a daily driver
(albeit monster) that sees roadcourse several times a summer w/ one trip to
the 1/4 for kicks

>the Viper has 6 lug wheels and I don't know what the plan would be for rims.

it was only the centre pot he/we want, then custom halfshafts etc out from
their

Ross Corrigan  /  Vancouver, Canada

 '80 327ZX   IZCC#255, Edmonton Z-car Club #44, British Columbia ZCR
Life's a journey, not a destination.. Enjoy the pitstops and maximize the
straights

mailto:zxv at istar.ca     *New ICQ # 11549358
http://home.iSTAR.ca/~zxv/index.shtml
http://207.212.212.139/~corrigan/gearheads/pics/wheels/sirbg.jpg    where a