Newbie ALDL question

Stuart Bunning stuart at kenelec.com.au
Tue Mar 2 00:46:43 GMT 1999

Is anyone willing to email me a copy of that Qbasic program for 8192 aldl I
am about to start writing qbasic code to do the exact thing myself so i
though maybe someone is willing to share there eye bleeding hours of
programming with me for free??????

At 09:18 AM 1/3/99 -0600, you wrote:

>On Mon, 1 Mar 1999, Barry Tisdale wrote:
>
>> Bill -
>>
>> Managed to get the ALDL interface working quite well - are you still
interested in this project?  I'm using a QuickBasic program to read the
data - had no luck w/ GCAR.  BTW, in your last letter, you referenced using
"4 diodes" in the MAX232 circuit - should those be transistors (2N3904)?  I
used a MAX233 chip - no external caps; '04 inverter not needed.

>> Get *lots* of data out, now just have to correlate it w/ what my scan
tool reads.

>> Any collaboration gladly accepted!
>>
>> Barry
>>
>I don't know about the syclone, but something useful, diacom appears
>to store the data stream exactly as it comes of the interface in their
>data files.    I have a ALDL spec for my car, and using that spec I
>was able to get meaningful data out of the diacom data file.   Also,
>there will be two bytes at the front of each data stream, that will be
>the prom id, it will be repeated at the beginning of each set of data,
>then there are typically several bytes of data that are error flags
>(trouble codes, usually all zeros if everything is good).
>
>There should be a spec for the syclone, someone did send me a spec for
>my car (93 Z28), and it does seem to be correct, because I have been
>able to decode meaningful data from the diacom data files (things that
>weren't displayed, or not displayed accurate enough).
>
>					Roger

Best Regards,

STUART BUNNING
SALES ENGINEER