ALDL, again

Barry Tisdale btisdale at cybersol.com
Tue Mar 2 03:32:18 GMT 1999

Still working on the ALDL / PC thing.  I've gotten *several* copies of the GM paper on the diagnostic link; all are probably from the same source, way back when, as they all contain the same typos and inaccuracies.

Has anyone actually 'decoded' the actual data, i.e., converted the raw data into meaningful information?  Some of the calcs given in the GM paper are just plain wrong.  Lots of data acronyms have no references elsewhere in the paper; I can only guess @ what's intended.  Some are obvious, many are cryptic.

Anybody gone through this?  I'd like to help / collaborate w/ anyone on this; hardware to get the data from ALDL to COM port is easy, works well.  Software to capture & log the data doesn't require a genius (after all, I did it in QuickBasic).  Trouble is, "what do it all mean..."?

Any help *very* gladly accepted - thanks - Barry