ALDL, again

xxalexx at ix.netcom.com xxalexx at ix.netcom.com
Tue Mar 2 21:44:14 GMT 1999

> Still working on the ALDL / PC thing.  I've gotten *several* copies of the GM paper on the diagnostic link; all are probably from the same source, way back when, as they all contain the same typos an>
> Has anyone actually 'decoded' the actual data, i.e., converted the raw data into meaningful information?  Some of the calcs given in the GM paper are just plain wrong.  Lots of data acronyms have no >
> Anybody gone through this?  I'd like to help / collaborate w/ anyone on this; hardware to get the data from ALDL to COM port is easy, works well.  Software to capture & log the data doesn't require a>
> Any help *very* gladly accepted - thanks - Barry

I am looking at obd-2 data, some of the J2190 packet data could be
similiar. I have made vehicle units to hook into scan tool to
decode.  Have been looking at a 96 C-3500 which also sends out 8192.
I am still sorting thru the 1792 possible obd-2  J1979 open std
messages.  I will work on ALDL and KWP2000 next and glad to help.
alex