streetdyno software

Daniel Houlton houlster at user2.inficad.com
Tue Mar 2 22:12:59 GMT 1999

andy quaas wrote:

> First, has anyone verified that this is at all accurate?  Second,
> where would the best place for the recorder to be?  Under the hood?
>
> Andy

OK, I haven't tried StreeDyno yet, but I have been using HomeDyno and
I can verify that it's right on.  I've got some charts to show the
results on http://www.inficad.com/~houlster/Amigo/Turbo/dynoruns.htm

Specifically, I've charted the HomeDyno with the chassis dyno (done
by ProDyno in Temp, AZ) results and they're just about right on.
http://www.inficad.com/~houlster/Amigo/Turbo/Images/dyno_preturbo_home_pro_composite.jpg

One caveat is that HomeDyno can only plot out to about 5000 rpm with
my recordings.  I'm not sure why, but I'm guessing that there's enough
noise that it confuses it at that rpm.  The voltage divider method of
StreetDyno might work better in that respect.  I only make runs to 5500
so I'm not too worried about it.

It could also be the inductive sensor I wired up as it doesn't seem to
be a common problem.

The point?  This is all just basic physics.  You have to know your weight
and gearing and guess pretty good at things like frontal area and drag
coeffiecient for this to be accurate.  If you've got a chassis dyno
plot to compare against, it's pretty easy to figure the unknowns in.

I can only imagine that StreetDyno is capable of the same accuracy as
HomeDyno.

--Dan