ALDL, again

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Wed Mar 3 09:04:43 GMT 1999

Padgett 0sirius <padgett at gdi.net>
> Well just a quick look at my Fiero (1227170/APR0164) ALDL (C3) gives a
> stream like this:

> Using available data, it seems likely that the "A0" at offset 019h (sorry,
> I find it easier to think in hex) is coolant temp (1.35*160-8), "33" at
> offset 039h is the RPM (1275/4=51/33h), & 46h at offset 035h is IAC (70).
> Suspect the rest can be decoded the same way once I get a chance to compare
> several readings.
>
> Or is all of this common knowlege /way off ? Am trying to come back up to
> speed.

The V6 Fiero ALDL frame content description was posted to diy_efi a
_long_ time ago.  An archive search should find it.  A slightly better
version is also available on the web - a listee typed in a GM document
describing lots of old C3 ALDL formats.  The URL is/was:
  http://www.isthq.com/~dan/aldl.htm

After looking at Dan's info, if you still have questions about what the
various flag bits in the frame do, I can provide all the gory details.