Use larger inj. & dual -pots/SMOG

Ward Spoonemore spoonie at deltanet.com
Fri Mar 5 22:17:32 GMT 1999

Jason, I don't think so, The hardware has to be OEM, ECM sensors etc, The
referee will by an engine swap if you swap a car engine into a car or
truck/truck, but you can't pick and choose. It has to be an identifiable OEM
configuration, else you don't get to the emission test part of the program,
you go to exit do not pass go.

This leaves using the OEM processor, generally a much better choice anyway,
but you need to hack the code or by commercial code mod programs, they are
amiable for a lot of applications.

And as for the 2 step test, If you have a heavy duty truck, you got it
right, otherwise its to the BAR97 Dyno test. The NOX portion usually gets
the hot car guys in California.

Of course you can sign up as a limited production car maker and start out
with EPA 75 emissions testing, shed test etc. The EPA 75's are $750 a pop.

Ward