injector drivers

John Dammeyer johnd at autoartisans.com
Sun Mar 7 20:57:49 GMT 1999

Hi All,

I'm building a ignition/injection system for a Honda 1595 CC engine.  So
far the CD ignition works great as do all the appropriate sensors like
the MAP/Air Temperature etc.  I'm wondering how to go about handling the
Throttle Position Sensor.

ie:  While the engine is in a steady state condition the combination of
MAP and Barometric Pressure sensors along with RPM determine the initial
injector pulse width.  The O2 sensor closes the loop.  Now if the
throttle is opened suddenly I know I need to increase the pulse width.

I can:

1)  just use a timer to increase the mixture to 10:1 for a preprogrammed
time.  This simulates the accelerator pump on a carburated engine.

2)  Increase the mixture to 10:1 until the ratio between MAP and
Barometer reach some set point.

3) Do both.

What I don't want happening is a too rich mixture once the throttle is
wide open and the engine is loaded at some RPM that no longer increases.

Would I be best to use the rate of change of the RPM as an indicator to
back off on the Pulse Width?

What do the commercial injection systems do?

Comments?

Thanks,

John