Which Intake

DC Smith dcsmith at bytes.net
Mon Mar 8 05:37:03 GMT 1999

Dynacar at aol.com wrote:

> << the vacuum caused when
>  closing the throttle quickly, is actually is easier on the turbo  >>
>
> yes, this works ok, but the vacuum pulls a lot of oil into the system as soon
> as the seals age a little. You have to use a special turbo that can handle the
> vacuum. I used to have a Rajay (actually i still have it) which was made for
> draw-thru.

 I no longer have the draw though setup, but I can tell ya first hand,
the post turbo TB doesn't stop the turbo from giving up oil. :) Got my
intercooler off right now, and it's coated pretty good. The track opens
in less than a month, I think I'll pull the turbo now and put a seal in
it.
 I've seen both turbo's and the seal is no different from one type to
the other. I've never heard anyone mentioning any difference in turbo
seals before, although there may well be a difference I can't see.

Dan Smith      84 Regal   12.13 at 112     GSCA# 1459
St.Charles, Missouri
mailto:dcsmith at bytes.net
mailto:dcsmith at gnttype.org
mailto:morepoweral at bytes.net