AquaMist pump (was: Re: Voltage controller)

Daniel Houlton houlster at user2.inficad.com
Mon Mar 8 19:49:49 GMT 1999

John Andrianakis wrote:

> Havent followed all the messages of this thread but I think you should know
> that erl does not alter the water output by changing the pump supply
> voltage. They use a solenoid valve controlled by their MF-2 injector
> controller. The pump is specialy designed magnetic piston unit and I could
> guess that it operates at a frequency of around 10Hz.
> Regards,
> John Andrianakis.

Just to clarify, I'm not trying to modulate the supply voltage that powers
the pump.  I'm trying to control the voltage level to the 0 - 12V signal
input (this is seperate from the 14V power input).  This appears to be what
the MF-2 does.  Sends a variable voltage 0 - 12V depending on how much to
pump and the internal circuitry of the pump does it's thing to pump that
amount, most likely PWM'ing the 14V power supply itself.

I'm assuming that it's linear as well.  0V => no pump, 6V => 50% d.c.,
12V => 100% d.c. etc.

--Dan