AquaMist pump (was: Re: Voltage controller)

John Andrianakis John.Andrian at usa.net
Tue Mar 9 00:38:04 GMT 1999

Looking at the MF-2 installation manual I can see that the pump has a 3 pin
connector. Pin 1:+12v, pin2: control pin, pin 3:ground. From the diagram
and the test description I think that the control pin is used to limit the
maximum pump pressure. It is connected to ground through a pressure
switch.When the control pin of the pump is grounded the pump doesnt work.
 This switch is located on the "water valve manifold assembly" which
"serves as an electro-mechanical valve for control of water flow". The PWM
signal of the MF-2 goes to the solenoid valve on the water manifold
assembly.
I hope I am not missing something out.
Regards,
John Andrianakis.