throttle before or after turbo

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Tue Mar 9 00:53:27 GMT 1999

Chris Conlon wrote:

but I'd like to hear from people who have set any old turbo up with the TB before
it, if you had much problem with sucking oil into the intake.

I had an old Accel T04B sucker. No problems with oil (or bearings) at all. Just
don't race the motor (turbo) until oil temp starts to come up and do the same on
shutdown, don't turn it off when it's really hot, like just after a run, let it
cool a bit and settle down.

The seals tend to wear out when the bearings get loose/sloppy or the cartridge
gets coked up from Penzoil.

just my .02.   Tom S