MAP Q?

Fredrik Skog c95fsg at cs.umu.se
Tue Mar 9 13:24:20 GMT 1999

Hi all!

I want to get hold of a map sensor for my project. I have a turbo car and
run pretty high boost, so I need a sensor that can cope with 2 bar boost.
Do anyone know of a good source for these. Is the sensor from
electromotive or haltech any good? Are there cheaper alternatives?
What about the Motorola MPX series? Are we interested in an absolute or
differential sensor? And what about temperature compensation?

I have no experience whatsoever with MAP sensors so I don't know what to
use...it would sure be nice to use an MPX when thay are alot cheaper than
the haltech sensors. How about vacuum? How do the sensors read that? In
the specs for MPX it says that it reads from for exaple 0-200kPa. How do
I get vacuum readings from this?

Alot of questions.....I would apreciate any help on this

Thanx!

	Student at the Department of Computing Science Umeå University

Fredrik Skog			       E-mail: c95fsg at cs.umu.se
Taffelstråket 51		       WWW: http://www.acc.umu.se/~skog/
903 53 Umeå                            Phone: +46-(0)90-136365

		Living and dying laughing and crying
		Once you have seen it you will never be the same
		Life in the fast lane is just how it seems
		Hard and it is heavy dirty and mean
							/MetallicA