ProJection mods, was Re: New to list, have a question.

esc esc at firstnethou.com
Tue Mar 9 19:42:19 GMT 1999

At 07:45 AM 3/8/99 -0600, you wrote:

snip
> 1 . my setup, without the EGO feedback, goes very lean at the slightest
>increase of the throttle from cruise. Best I can figure is the slight
>opening of the throttle plate adds enough extra air to make it lean
>but the tps voltage increase isn't adequate to be sensed as an increase
>in fuel ????

I saw this problem on a friends Bronco with the 2 Barrel ProJection.  But
it was never a problem for me until I installed the closed loop kit.  I
recently leaned out the adjustments and this problem has almost disapeared.
 Since the closed loop kit is no longer making the mixture a LOT leaner it
does not interfere with the throttle responce as much.

> 3 . are you aware that I have made a parts list for the 502 (or is
>a 520 ??) and a PCB drawing for it ??  Someone has a web site for
>the Holley ProJection (lemme look .....  yeah, check with
>Andy <mpc at genevaonline.com>.  He had the stuff I did on that site. Dunno
>if he still has it or not. If you want what I have on the ProJection,
>holler and I'll send it to you

No, I was not aware of that.  I would like to have any information you can
supply, thanks.
If you can find the address of that ProJection site I would like it also.

snip

>>I really like the throttle body part of the ProJection, but thats the only
>>part I really want to keep.  I'm not all that happy with the controller.  I
>>really want something that I can have more control over and that will
>>accept input from more sources.
>>
>>Eric
>
>You are in the right place, IMO  ....  there's several who have
>adapted the GM ECM to the ProJection TB.  "Bruce Plecan" <nacelp at bright.net>,
>who is on this list, is probably your best contact, IMO.
>

>Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>

Again, I would love to have any information that anyone can give me on
doing this type of conversion.

Eric Comstock
esc at firstnethou.com