Bosch Motronic - More junk yard parts

Tom Sharpe twsharpe at mtco.com
Wed Mar 10 03:00:28 GMT 1999

T. Voigt wrote:

> Hi everybody !
>
> Trying to understand the Motronic of my 944 turbo Porsche,
> I would like to know if there is somebody else on the same
> path ? Are there any (public) information available ?
>
> Is there a chance to build a DIY EFI to replace the Bosch
> Motronic but stay with the current sensors/cables ?

I picked up a Jetronic from an '87 at the junk yard for scrap. I just
wanted to see what's inside. I broke the little white extra board with
the rom on it getting it appart. Looking at the chips and many, many
other small resistors and capacitors, I'd say this thing is mostly
analog. it only has four T220s and one of them is for the power
supply.

I think you need a GM computer (or '332), GM sensors, and a GM harness.

Good Luck.

just another .02   Tom S